Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Classic Celestra

Last night Celestra was sitting on my bed reading a book, completely oblivious to the world. It was just such a picture perfect moment that I just had to snap a picture. The best part? She didn't even realize I had taken the picture until I showed it to her earlier today. That's my girl, taking after her mother, a complete bookworm. Of course it didn't hurt that the book she was reading was part of the Black Beauty series. Horses, of course!


She has parent-teacher confrences coming up tomorrow and they always send out preliminary reports so there aren't any real surprises for the parents. Well, she has done so well this year that she was doing the 'mom since I have done so well don't I deserve a reward?', after she had shown me her paperwork. Yep, once again proving that she really is my daughter, rather than wanting a new toy or candy, she wanted to visit the schools book fair and pick up some more books to read. She is completely addicted to the written word. How many other children out there would want books as a reward rather than chocolate or a toy?!

In other news, Celestra tried out for the opera this summer. This time it is not the university students putting on a production and needing children for the children's part, this is the Utah Festival Opera Company! She is stoked! We are pretty well assured that she made it in because her old choir director really wanted her to audition. I wasn't going to let her since we will be gone for a few days at the begining of the summer for my nieces graduation but the director said it wouldn't be a problem. This means Celestra will be extremely busy this summer. The performances run through the begining of July to the begining of August and the Opera choices that she has to be in are Carmen and two shorter Italian operas that the are doing as a double feature, Cavalleria Rusticana & I Pagliacci. How cool is that!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Celestra is one in a million! You sure do have a wonderul daughter :)