Monday, March 3, 2014

WOW Time Flies

Wow,
I didn't realize I hadn't posted since Christmas. That's kinda ridiculous since it's already March! Ah well, such is the life of the insanely busy. So here's a quick update on the happenings of the Anderson girls.

Joy~
I am currently student teaching at Mount Logan Middle School in 7th Grade Utah History. I LOVE it! Yes, it certainly has it's moments, especially when the kids decide to act up but they are 12 years old. You kind of have to expect it, take a deep breath, and plow ahead.

I will start applying for jobs this month. Scary. No, it really is. I realized today I have not been on a job hunt in over seven years and then I have never been on the hunt for a truly professional job. This will be nerve wracking and the scariest thing I've done in some time. But push forward I shall!

Celestra~
Cele is pretty much living the musicians life, especially with the addition of her Sax. She's taking both Flute and Sax lessons, still second chair flute in her school band, AND performing in the school pep and jazz bands as well as the full concert orchestra. She's loving it but I still think she's a bit insane.

Her life revolves, as most teens, around her friends and school. She and her three best friends are actually working together to write a fantasy series. They are each working on their own specific character's development and try to get together as often as they can to hash out the worlds and basics of their story. From what I know of it (which is actually quite a bit since the kids like to talk about it quite a bit) it is quite the story and should be a fun read when they eventually finish. But don't get your hopes up. That won't be for quite some time yet. Years even.

Cele with two of her three story writing buddies

And that's pretty much our lives these days. Lots of school and music. So not really much different than any time in the past except we are reaching a crossroads in our lives. The next few months should be quite the ride. We will have to see where life takes us.

No comments: