Monday, June 29, 2009

Parade of Homes 2009

This last week the two of us plus my friend Laura spent a few days going through this years Cache Valley Parade of Homes. This is pretty much an annual event for us. We go every time we can and we always have a blast. This year there were fewer homes due to the poor economy but it was still a lot of fun.

I like our valley's parade due to the fact that most of the homes are more practical instead of the almost impossibly huge homes seen in a lot of other places. These homes tend to be easy to imagine living in. It makes the parade really fun for us.

A really fun loft

A fun peek window



A neat idea for an office area

For the little princess

A sailors dream room.

A room just for a little cowboy.

Isn't this a gorgeous fireplace!

A wet bar

Polka dots! I love polka dots!!

This year my favorite ended up being a townhome that I really want to remember for when I'm done with college, that is if we are still living in the valley. It would be absolutely perfect for Cele and I!
The front of my favorite house.

It even has a loft!

The master bedroom

The second bedroom. This room also had a
bathroom attached. There was also a laundry room on this floor.
I loved that! No carrying laundry up and down the stairs!

Isn't this fun! I love the idea of the picture nooks.

The main floor had this living room, a half bath, the garage...

This dining area...

The kitchen, and a small deck.

The basement had this room plus a full bath and an extra laundry room.
So... When can we move in?!!! Sigh school and bills must interfere. So on we
march. There are more homes to see.

A fancy kitchen/dining area.

Check out the tiling!

Laura loved this bed

All the sinks in this kitchen were carved out of one piece of granite each

When's band night?


Isn't this the prettiest bed set ever!

I am a sucker for corner tubs

Can we say BIG! (though not the biggest this year)

A window seat!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

The Parade of Homes is awesome! It's so good for decorating ideas. What a fun mother & daughter + a friend activity :)