Monday, April 20, 2009

It's campfire time!!! Finally!!!!!

Yesterday Celestra, my friend Laura, her dog Hamlet, and I went up into Logan Canyon for a campfire feast of hot dogs and smores. Ya gotta love it when the warm weather finally arrives and you can actually enjoy the tastes of the season. We had a great time out and about, enjoying the warm weather, though I think Laura had a bit too much fun with the fire...


{Laura playing with sticks meant for the fire}

{A cute Cele}

{Celestra and Hamlet, buddies for life}

{uh oh Laura is playing with fire... run away, run far away}

{A dance to ask the fire gods to help Laura with her fire.
I did warn you to run far far away}

{Hamlet begging for a hot dog from me}

{our 'guard dog' }

{Mmm nummy hot dogs}

{'I never knew hot dogs over a fire could be so good!' }

{'You guys are sooo mean! You put me way too far away from the food
for me to be able to steal any more hot dogs, even though I've already nabbed five'}


Now I must mention here that there was an ulterior motive for Laura with the fire. She had a stuffed bear that represented an ex-boyfriend that she decided needed to be destroyed by fire...
{Cute, innocent little Brad-bear}



{Now we begin burning Brad-bear}



{Bye-bye Brad-bear}

As Laura put it, the burning was rather 'cleansing' for her. We will leave with that. Just remember, you were warned... And yes, I know, I have very strange friends.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Logan Canyon is my favorite! It's so beautiful, and there is NOTHING better than hot dogs and s'mores! It looks like you had a wonderful time in the great outdoors!

Kaylee said...

I'm not going to lie... that's a little morbid, haha. But I love hotdogs and smores! Fun day!

Unknown said...

Psh, Laura is awesome. She and I communicate by Facebook now occasionally, so that's fun. Sounds like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

LOL...I just saw this and yes it was quite cleansing....*giggle* BTW Jim is scared of us now *evil giggle*